In The News
Did You Know?
There are 15 historic cemeteries in Philipstown [Troy #]:
- Cedar Street Cemetery [4A]
- Cold Spring Cemetery [4B]
- Davenport Cemetery (a.k.a. Mountain Avenue Cemetery and Old Cold Spring Cemetery) [4C]
- Denning Plot [4D]
- Graymoor: St. Joseph's Friars' [4E] and St. Joseph's Sisters' [4F]
- Loretto Rest [4G]
- McKeel's Corners (a.k.a. Nelson Cemetery) [4H]
- Nelsonville Cemetery [4I]
- North Highlands Burying Ground[4J]
- Pope Cemetery [4K]
- Purdy Cemetery [4L]
- Purdy-Baxter [4M]
- St. Phillips Churchyard Cemetery [4N]
- South Highland Methodist Cemetery [4O]
- Warren Family Plot [4P]
There are also "Indian Cemeteries" on East Mountain [4Z0], and on Old Neslon property [4Z1]. Wandering stones and other miscellaneous discoveries are categorized when possible [4Y].
Please click on the cemetery name to visit the website section dedicated to that cemetery. There you will find the location and a map of the cemetery, information about parking, names and locations of people buried there, pictures of all identifiable stones, and additional information (from various census reports) as available.
For more information about the Town of Philipstown, visit the website: http://philipstown.com/